News & Events
Schola Summer Festival : Mozart in Montclair
Come Sing with Us!
No Audition . . . All are Welcome
Evenings of July 16-19 — $30 participation fee
30 North Fullerton Ave.
- Do I have to audition? No.
- Should I bring my own score? Yes, please, if you have one.
- What if I don't have a score? You may download a copy here. We’ll have a few copies at rehearsal you may check out for the Festival week.
- What if I want to just come one or two nights to observe? Fine. You pay $10 per night.
- Can I just come to the concert? Sure. $10 admission at the door.
- What if I've never sung the Mozart Requiem and don't read music? Come and enjoy learning!
The “Big Sing” concludes the New York Choral Consortium’s Sing New York! Festival featuring Brahms’ Requiem sung in its entirety. You can join in with hundreds of New York City singers for the great massed sing event of the spring held in one of the city’s most glorious churches, St. Paul the Apostle.
Schola’s own Artistic Director, Dr. Deborah Simpkin King, will conduct the 5th movement, the haunting Ihr habt nun Traurigkeit. Bring your own score or download a legal copy to use during the program. Click here for more information.
Monday, June 10, 2013, 8 pm
St. Paul the Apostle Church — 405 West 59th Street
A Special Schola Thank You
- Our 2012-13 season has concluded. Time for a summer rest. We offer our heartfelt thanks to you, our listening audience, for your support this, our eighteenth concert season.
- If you are a singer interested in a challenging musical performance environment, consider auditioning for the 2013-14 season.
- And keeping visiting this site. The details for the 2013-14 season will be announced soon.
Watch and Listen to Learn More . . .
|A Season to Remember||Schola Up Close & Personal|