Conducting Scholar Program
SCH’s Conducting Scholar Program is designed to provide post-graduate (BA minimum) training and experience for a choral conductor in the first decade of his/her career. Training and opportunities provided will be designed collaboratively between the Scholar and Schola’s Artistic Director to meet each Scholar’s professional goals.
Duties: Conducting Scholars—
- participate as singing members;
- are given regular duties with sectional rehearsals and/or InReach instruction; and
- are expected to assume leadership of engagement and education programs.
Opportunities: Conducting Scholars will receive—
- training with Schola’s Artistic Director in such areas as conducting; score study, analysis and interpretation; program design; etc.
- possibility of podium time with SCH;
- interactive involvement with elements of 501c3 management;
- introduction to professional circles in which Schola’s Artistic Director is active;
- written recommendations for applications to professional programs, graduate schools, etc.
Selection: Conducting Scholars are selected through an application process based on the following criteria—
- Written application, to include CV and video evidence of conducting;
- Interview with the Artistic Director, upon invitation.