Welcome to PROJECT : ENCORE™
For Innovation . . . Impact . . .
Freshness in your choral programming . . .
turn to PROJECT : ENCORE™
PROJECT : ENCORE™ of Schola Cantorum on Hudson (PE) is a continually expanding database of new, post-premiere choral works endorsed by a panel of internationally known conductors and intended for use by both composers and conductors of new music.
- For composers it is a resource for enhanced visibility and for the PE™ endorsement earned through evaluation and certification of merit by an international panel of prominent conductors.
- For conductors it is a robust and deeply nuanced tool for searching out new, critically endorsed choral music.
- PROJECT : ENCORE™ is not in competition with any company or organization seeking to promote or publish new choral music. We are neither a publishing house nor a representative of any particular composer. We support all efforts encouraging the composition and performance of new, quality choral music.
- PROJECT : ENCORE™ is, in short, a bridge directly connecting composers and conductors of new music that promotes and nurtures the evaluation process historically born by music publishers.
PROJECT : ENCORE™ is free for use to composers and conductors alike
—a significant contribution to industry on behalf of
Schola Cantorum on Hudson
Dr. Deborah Simpkin King, Artistic Director and Founder.
- If you're a conductor, explore the PROJECT : ENCORE™ Database. Look at the scores and listen to the sound samples.
- If you're a composer, submit one of your previously performed pieces for review.
Exposure is a critical component to success for any musician. PROJECT : ENCORE™ provides an invaluable service to composers, connecting them with musicians around the world who otherwise may have never come across their work. Through PROJECT : ENCORE™, a piece of mine came to the attention of Charles Bruffy, whose Phoenix Chorale and Kansas City Chorale performed my setting of the English carol "Joys Seven" at their holiday concerts in December of 2009. I composed "Joys Seven" for the Stewart Consort, a seven-voice ensemble which premiered the work at their Christmas concert at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Garden City, Long Island, New York. —James Ludwig
Donations are gratefully accepted to help defray
the cost of maintaining this service.